Find answers to your questions about our certification programs.
Filter by Category
General Exam Guidelines
- All exam questions are developed directly from the program study materials; no other resources are used.
- Candidates must supply a photo ID at check-in to confirm their identity.
- Candidates may take multiple exams at a testing event provided the time block fits the exam parameters. For example, a testing event scheduled from 8am to 12pm would allow a candidate to take two two-hour exams or one four-hour exam.
- All exams are closed book and no notes or materials may be used.
- Notes may not be taken during exams. If candidates have concerns about any of the questions on the exams, comment cards are available at every testing event that are reviewed by the Certification Director and the Accreditation and Certification Board per ACI policy.
- Exams are scored by approved scoring administrators and candidates will be notified of their exam results via email within 15 business days, although it is typically sooner. For multiple-day testing events, scoring administrators will make every effort to send results via email on the same day as the exam in order to facilitate retakes the next day if necessary.
- Exam results are only reported as pass or fail. ACI does not release scores or any other information about which questions were missed in order to maintain the security and validity of the exam process.
- Candidates may not take a certification exam for the same program more than once in a 24-hour period.
- If a candidate does not pass a certification exam, he or she may retake the exam at another testing event.